Wednesday, May 19, 2010

some lines dedicated to my batch-mates (:


As I’m sitting & thinking on my way towards my home-town,
At times I feel overwhelmed as de emotions make me drown;
It all started even before I came to Trivandrum and we’d got the ‘stuff’ by snail-mail,
Somehow I got the feeling that it’s not gonna be a cakewalk n I became ready for the hail;
I chatted with some of my batch-mates and sought each and every piece of info on college n Trivandrum,
Some good conversations actually happened on Google Groups including the one on Green Revolution;
All set, I landed at Thampanoor, met Saneesh Cheta, the only medium of conversation was sign-lingo,
But dats okay, I thought majority of my interactions would be inside college, that too in English so…;
I was comfortable until I got out of the Ambassador and had a view of Kenton Leisure,
Gosh! This is a hostel or a three-star hotel... anyways I completed the formalities major;
Sridhar knocked the door, “Hi! We are your seniors.” I went to their room with a bit of anxiety,
In few minutes they made me feel comfortable freeing my mind of most of the things nitty-gritty;
Next morning Hareesh knocked the door as I was doing yoga on the floor,
Later he told me that he had the illusion of me being a person religious & pure;
We were welcomed to ASB on the first day by offering each a rose,
Followed by the lectures of different stakeholders, man! That was a dose;
How could I forget that lecture, where jotting down the points was given so much of importance,
He he he... but nobody jotted down the points of the lecture on the initial day and hence...
After being scolded repeatedly, we seemed to have understood the importance of Jot Down,
And therefore the name of our local Google Group was none other than Jot Down;
Then the Foundation module started with much stress on English, Maths and Analytic thing,
And we learnt a lot of things, besides the wide-wide usage of the word 'thing';
Oh! How can I forget the Outbound Training also known as OBT,
10% training 90% fun I'd say, to explore my batchmates, it was a good opportunity;
Also the fact that one good for nothing [me] and one good for everything were made Class Reps,
One too good an activity before each of the english sessions which was supposed to remove communication gaps;
Semester one came & for each of courses we're formed into groups,
Before this I'd never worked in groups, no wonder… some uncomfortable factors were there in loops;
Three friends of mine took me to a tea-shop n lectured me for 2 hrs. on how to socialize,
Don't know if it made some difference but it was a nice time-pass with tea and fries;
A stupid person like me used to put status message like “Nobody wants to sit with me”,

Further, Hareesh had a problem with my turning on the lights & turning off the fans in the hours early.

This was all I was able to write in the long train journey. :)

8 comments:

  1. :) quiet a poet nikunJ! interesting read for sure! :) keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good yar! you are good writer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post Nikunj! But you should write more often.
    (I'm Swaminathan's friend).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa!!...after such a long tym, I hv checked your blog!
    Luvd this....sort of poetry work and yo living!!...BTW you still do Yoga??...with kaw kaw?:P

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I read this after 3 years, I have a very wide smile on my face which is bringing back some lovely memories. It seems only like yesterday! But the truth is, it all started in 2008 which is like 6 years ago!

    I remember those status messages of yours :-D

    I don't know if you will see this comment, but do keep writing. I read your road trip post too. You write well ... continue to do so :-)

    ReplyDelete